Michelangelo Capodimonio from Foligno, Italy was a guest lecturer at PGEE, Galabovo in the period from 21.03.2022 to 25.03.2022. His visit was part of the activities of ENNE – European National Networks for the Enhancement of VET project, No. 608964-EPP-1-2019-1-IT-EPPKA3-VET-NETPAR for welcoming mobility of „Job shadowing“ for teachers within the international network ENNE. The Italian colleague is an engineer with a degree in „Electronics“ with three years of teaching experience and at IPSIA ,,Beato Simone Fidati“- city of. He has also been trained at the University of Cascia (Cascia).
ENNE is an Erasmus+ project which aims to enhance the quality and attractiveness of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in five partner countries (Italy, Bulgaria, Germany, Portugal and Belgium) with a specific focus on mobility opportunities.
The last phase of the ENNE project is being implemented, which is mainly focused on organising transnational mobility activities for both VET staff and students and has the following objectives:
– improving cooperation between VET providers at national and European level;
– sharing good practices;
– promoting mutual learning methodologies among VET staff;
– promoting the acquisition of soft skills for VET learners;
Observation as a method of working represents a very effective method of achieving these objectives as it provides an opportunity to visit another (host) and observe the work for an agreed period of time.
ENNE job shadowing is based on good practice identified within national networks and these aim to:
– enable teachers to observe and learn best practices developed in other EU countries;
– inspire new ideas for teaching in VET;
– enable the hosting organisation to interact with a teacher coming from another country and discuss today’s educational challenges and opportunities;
– create/strengthen relationships between teachers and potential partners to provide expertise and resources for their classrooms and schools.