Main working field(s) of the Job-shadowing activity
– Foreign languages (English and French)
– English as a foreign language (its importance in ultra peripherical regions)
– Local history and culture of the partner’s countries
– The use of ITIC (online classes)
– Emotional intelligence as a driver for school success
– Vocational training in the international context.
Good practice or activities to share
– Observation in a formative context of different pedagogical practices
– Interaction with other English and/or french teachers/trainers (foreign language)
– Deepen knowledge and techniques of online learning (online classes) to make classes more interesting and interactive
– Give the students the opportunity of an experience abroad
– Interact with students of other nationalities and understand their views and aims about VET
– Give the opportunity to foreign teachers and/ or students to visit Madeira Island
– Share information about VET schools in Portugal
– Get to know more about adult learning in other countries
Expectations for future collaborations
Expectations regarding the profile of staff to host
ITIC literacy (platforms, tools, cybersecurity, cyberbullying…). English teaching (foreign language) French teaching (foreign language). The future of VET schools (challenges for the next decade).
Overall program for the job-shadowing opportunity
– Possible program/ activities (the following activities are just a draft of what can be done. These suggestions can and should be reviewed).
1st day: Reception of the participant’s Presentation of the different modalities of VET promoted by our Institution Guided visit to the “Centro de Formação Profissional da Madeira” Lunch Meeting: sharing information about the syllabus, the schedule and the practical training of students in a real work environment context Guided visit to “Escola Profissional Francisco Fernandes” (this school belongs to Instituto para a Qualificação)
2nd-day job-shadowing activity: attend to a class as an observer in order to compare methodologies, followed by a meeting in which participants can reflect on the different approaches and their applicability in their own school’s Lunch Meeting/ reunion to discuss the global lack of motivation among students and ways to overcome the problem
3rd day Guided visits to companies where the students carry out their practical training
4th-day Guided visit to other VET institutions in Madeira Lunch Job-shadowing activity: the visitor will teach a lesson to a class
5th-day Cultural tour/ leisure time in Funchal.
From the 7th to the 11th of March or from the 14th to the 18th of March or from the 21st to the 25th of March 2022. If by any chance, the dates of the job shadowing are postponed, we will be glad to welcome participants from the 2nd to the 6th of may ( during this week the Centro de Formação Profissional da Madeira promotes the annual activity “Open doors”)
This school year 22 Catalan students from Institut de Logística de Barcelona work in little groups to create materials for the VET project Diagnose Car (Connectief). The assignment and follow-up